Wonderful 70's & 80's Forum v5.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-------------------------------

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Hardest To Locate Remix Service Issue/Volume (Holy Grail)
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 17:15 by Spin A 12 Inch

» Welcome Old & New Members from the old/new site :)
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyThu 25 Jan 2024 - 1:05 by Robbie Steel

» Robbie steel
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyThu 25 Jan 2024 - 0:49 by Robbie Steel

» https://www.facebook.com/groups/1873047003008510/
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyFri 15 Dec 2023 - 20:03 by Spin A 12 Inch

» I sent you a PM Macky
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 0:36 by Spin A 12 Inch

» The QUEEN OF SOUL dies at 76
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 0:02 by devirto

» Hello everybody! :)
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018 - 22:54 by hfdm

» Happy New Year
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 4:30 by Alexa

» Hello Brothers
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 23:52 by Esbao

» Bell Epoque - Miss Broadway (mrkrstoffa re-edit)
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 17:46 by mrkrstoffa

» WONDEFULL RADIO SOUND 80'
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017 - 5:23 by pigarot

» New site star been borned
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 0:14 by DJ_RETRO

» Cheers from Portugal
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 23:03 by MasterAf

» Happy New Year!
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 6:15 by kezza44

» Hello again everbody
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 4:37 by DJ_RETRO

» George Michael: Pop superstar dies at 53
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 19:46 by devirto

» Christmas Fun!
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 14:43 by kezza44

» Merry Christmas, everyone!
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 14:42 by kezza44

» newbie here
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 12:28 by hfdm

» 3 Mute That Mixes
I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand EmptySat 12 Nov 2016 - 3:57 by Robbie Steel

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand

5 posters

Go down

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand Empty I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 18:43

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on " The Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand. Maybe?

Anyone remember that thread from way back when at the old forum.  Question

Arrow Stumbled right smack dab on the answer today. I think. scratch

Who did we finally agree on as the vocalist on that. I can't remember.

Last edited by Spin A 12 Inch on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 1:29; edited 1 time in total
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Location : Orignally From Boston Mass Area. Currently In Southen NH

Back to top Go down

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand Empty Re: I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand

Post by Suggsy Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 19:29

Suggs from Madness? lol
Suggsy
Suggsy

Back to top Go down

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand Empty Re: I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 19:46

Suggsy wrote:Suggs from Madness?

I found the answer to "Who" did the vocals on "Going Back To My Roots Song" By Ben Liebrand 2liwqx0

Very Happy
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zokipoki Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:38

Hi Gregg yes i remembered we where looking for the singer
my guess Cheryl The Pearl

zokipoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:48

zokipoki wrote:Hi Gregg yes i remembered we where looking for the singer
my guess Cheryl The Pearl

Thank you Zokipoki king I think you are right about the singer "Cheryl The Pearl". I could not remember.

But now I think it is someone else. I'm going to wait till Andrew (Illusion Music) sees this. He was pretty obsessed with trying to figure this out too.
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusion Music Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 13:02

Yeah, I did get obsessed and I thought it was Cheryl. I tracked her down on the net but never got an answer. I even got a reply from Ben himself, but he could not remember as it was an acapella he used.

Now you have started me on the hunt again.

Andrew
Illusion Music
Illusion Music

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusion Music Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 13:04

This is the email to and from Ben about this.

"Hi,

There was a mini mix that had Going Back To Roots music with had a rap over the top by Sherryl T (Cheryl The Pearl).

For the life of me I can not remember the name of the rap track and have spent days searching through my records and the internet for the song to no avail. I am hoping that you might help me with the name of the track?

I have gone through the Sequence albums that I have but I am missing one so maybe the track is from that album.

Hope you can shed some light on this please?

Andrew
Illusion Music"

And the reply

"
I have no idea. 
This mix was made early 90's using samplers and storage systems that are no longer available. I have no way of retrieving song or sample titles from that era. 

Ben"
Illusion Music
Illusion Music

Back to top Go down

Post by appie Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 17:40

Illusion Music wrote:This is the email to and from Ben about this.

"Hi,

There was a mini mix that had Going Back To Roots music with had a rap over the top by Sherryl T (Cheryl The Pearl).

For the life of me I can not remember the name of the rap track and have spent days searching through my records and the internet for the song to no avail. I am hoping that you might help me with the name of the track?

I have gone through the Sequence albums that I have but I am missing one so maybe the track is from that album.

Hope you can shed some light on this please?

Andrew
Illusion Music"

And the reply

"
I have no idea. 
This mix was made early 90's using samplers and storage systems that are no longer available. I have no way of retrieving song or sample titles from that era. 

Ben"

Ben have no idea. Question Question

Arrow Arrow   I think it's one of the ladies of "Odyssey". 
  Arrow Arrow  Lillian or Louise Lopez. [Going back to my roots].

cheers cheers
appie
appie

Back to top Go down

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 16:11

appie wrote:
Arrow Arrow   I think it's one of the ladies of "Odyssey". 
Arrow Arrow  Lillian or Louise Lopez. [Going back to my roots].

Interesting ...... never even thought of seeing if these girls had any thing to do with those mystery vocals, but I don't think these girls did any kind of "rapping" but I did not look either.
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 16:30

I'm back after a long week at work. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks Zokipoki and Andrew for refreshing our memories on this, and for Andrew for trying to contact the sources for the answer.

Here is what I think it is!

I too thought after all the posts at the old forum thought that this had to be "Cheryl The Pearl". All the evidence seemed to point in that direction especially the fact that "Ben" probably or might have  had access to some unreleased material when he remade "Rappers Delight" in the late 80's.

More .............. typing......... found something else today .. the mystery continues.

Let me go back a week to when I first made this post. About a week or so ago I went to this site that I visit once in a while that compiles a lot of information on Ben Liebrand's mixes and discovered it was announcing that it was closing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The pages keep changing as this person pulls down there web-site so you would not be able to see what I was originally  reading and some of the hyper links to the different sections within the site are now gone. There was not any information there about the song in question. I don't visit there often, the site is in "Dutch" so it's a little hard to read for someone who does not know the language. However that sparked me to visit another site that I visit even less just to see if was still around that also has information on B.L. min-mixes.  http://members.home.nl/eddyhogendijk/benliebrandremixes.htm.

At this second site while scrolling through the list of mixes, I noticed something  I had never seen before. Towards the bottom of the page they have this mix listed as "SWEET TEE - GOING BACK TO MY ROOTS" (1989) (time: 5.53) (met o.a.rock steady crew - (hey you) the rock steady crew).  

Mystery solved  bounce  ...... correct ....yes? no?  maybe ?.... NO !!!

Turns out there are two female rappers called  "SWEET TEE" one from the early eighties and one from the late 80's.

If I had to guess after listening to just a few of the songs each of then have done, I think it would be this one. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , from the late 80's. Then there is this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Tanya Winley uses an alias  Tanya - Sweet Tee - Winley. Honestly I cant figure out who it is, it could be any one of them.

Then maybe some more clues today. At another site i got the "Interview audio file" from when this mix was first broadcast. We did not have this when we were all looking for this a few years ago it's a recent addition to there site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Can anyone translate this to, maybe, pull out some clues that might be present in this recording that does not know the dutch language.

Solved  Question ........... not sure ......... let's see what a translators might hear. There is no doubt that that the girl seems to identify herself as "Cheryl T." in the song, but is it really her doing the lyrics.
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down