Wonderful 70's & 80's Forum v5.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-------------------------------

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Hardest To Locate Remix Service Issue/Volume (Holy Grail)
leecher or not? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 17:15 by Spin A 12 Inch

» Welcome Old & New Members from the old/new site :)
leecher or not? EmptyThu 25 Jan 2024 - 1:05 by Robbie Steel

» Robbie steel
leecher or not? EmptyThu 25 Jan 2024 - 0:49 by Robbie Steel

» https://www.facebook.com/groups/1873047003008510/
leecher or not? EmptyFri 15 Dec 2023 - 20:03 by Spin A 12 Inch

» I sent you a PM Macky
leecher or not? EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 0:36 by Spin A 12 Inch

» The QUEEN OF SOUL dies at 76
leecher or not? EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 0:02 by devirto

» Hello everybody! :)
leecher or not? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018 - 22:54 by hfdm

» Happy New Year
leecher or not? EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 4:30 by Alexa

» Hello Brothers
leecher or not? EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 23:52 by Esbao

» Bell Epoque - Miss Broadway (mrkrstoffa re-edit)
leecher or not? EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 17:46 by mrkrstoffa

» WONDEFULL RADIO SOUND 80'
leecher or not? EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017 - 5:23 by pigarot

» New site star been borned
leecher or not? EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 0:14 by DJ_RETRO

» Cheers from Portugal
leecher or not? EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 23:03 by MasterAf

» Happy New Year!
leecher or not? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 6:15 by kezza44

» Hello again everbody
leecher or not? EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 4:37 by DJ_RETRO

» George Michael: Pop superstar dies at 53
leecher or not? EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 19:46 by devirto

» Christmas Fun!
leecher or not? EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 14:43 by kezza44

» Merry Christmas, everyone!
leecher or not? EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 14:42 by kezza44

» newbie here
leecher or not? EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 12:28 by hfdm

» 3 Mute That Mixes
leecher or not? EmptySat 12 Nov 2016 - 3:57 by Robbie Steel

leecher or not?

4 posters

Go down

leecher or not? Empty leecher or not?

Post by gurge71 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 10:35

Today I want to talk about leecher, are present in different forums, one of these is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in this forum I come defined leechers, I put so many things in this forum many years ago and every time I i found my things in other forums, then I have not put anything more, and so i became a leecher for this forum.

That said, I share my things with serious people, dj, so if I share in this forum and why I found a community seriously, and I hope that everything is put here it is never to end up in other forums.

Now I ask you to be careful about this person you call djsteff, this person is me disgraced in other forums saying that I am a leecher, I think it has some serious problems in the network there is so much shit and believe me that I leave this to people who just want to have glory in the forums, I'd rather be a leecher in certain forums and be a good usere in a forum of DJs who know the music and appreciate the real work of a DJ.

Thank You
Gurge71
gurge71
gurge71

http://gurgesound.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

leecher or not? Empty Re: leecher or not?

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:53

This is a problem no matter where you go.

Over the years, (especially when we had our old forum) I had seen a lot of stuff from our old forum get transferred over to their site, and I had also seen some stuff they had get posted over here.  I pretty much knew (Who) the people that were doing it. And this is how I dealt with it.

Problem 1 :
The people that were just moving stuff from one forum to another and did not have anything of there own to share got banned from here. This I did not want to deal with, lots of times I would just suspend there accounts for long periods of times until they really had something of there own to share. A few names come to mind that lost there accounts here for doing this.

Problem 2 :
The people that were just taking stuff from here and posting there. (usually banned from here when discovered or had very limited privileges to view all forums) Most of the time these were reported by people that were members of two places and seen there posts get copied.

Problem 3 :
The people that were just taking stuff from there and posting here. (usually banned from there when discovered) They had there own methods of keeping track of things.

Problem 4 :
The other scenario was a little harder to deal with. This would be when someone who belonged to multiple places and had a genuine amount of their own material and posted and shared at both places.  In my opinion this was and still is the posters choice to share at two places, however eventually some other things are going to get lifted once in a while from one place to another usually by a request or by someone trying to fill in one or two missing issues of something to complete a series. Again in my opinion if both places were mutually benefiting  from one persons posts/shares at both places with a majority there own materiel and an occasional share here or there of other peoples posts, (so be it) both places benefited. The only draw back was often times people at both places were often thanking the wrong person/ original up-loader.

============================================
Some of this you just have to take in stride, a lot of this Dj remix stuff is junk, and if we were all truthful with each other most of us would probably have to admit that we don't even listen to most of the the stuff after we collect it. That's why you see so many empty forums here now that at one time (at the old forum) were completely full with every issue.  No one really cares now, the stuff has been shared a thousand times over in lots of different places. How many times ??? have you opened something that you thought might be someones original upload ----- only to find out that it has links and references to some other place from a very very very long time ago.

Getting back to your original message about (lecher / leeching) don't worry about it, these things usually sort themselves out over time, not to mention your are here and most of us have what you are looking for from way back when ........ you just have to ask for it. A good example would be to take a look at the Holy Grail thread. A few items there have been shared publicly recently, that have NEVER EVER BEEN SHARED ANYWHERE even after many years of searching, and I know personally a few items have also been shared in that thread privately after years of searching.

Once again, don't worry about it. If you have something to share and you do not want it leech-ed, post it privately with a pm for link, ect. and you can decide who gets it and whether  you trust them or not to post it someplace else.

About this !!
gurge71 wrote:Today I want to talk about leecher, are present in different forums, one of these is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in this forum I come defined leechers, I put so many things in this forum many years ago and every time I i found my things in other forums, then I have not put anything more, and so i became a leecher for this forum.

All it takes is one good post of your own here and you never have to worry about being tagged a leecher. that's how all this stuff got shared in the first place and how most of us completed our collections of remix stuff ONE GOOD POST AT A TIME. BY LOTS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE no one had all this stuff all by themselves.
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Location : Orignally From Boston Mass Area. Currently In Southen NH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittmaster Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:11

Well I can speak from first hand experience that IMO, you are NOT a leech by any means. You've helped many of us including me in the past for hard to find stuff that is not available anywhere.

There will always be people that will just use rare stuff to acquire more stuff for "credit" and are nothing but worthless people.

Maybe it would be best to limit your inner circle of who you share with. I've recently been helped out with one of my holy grails and that shit will never leave my possession. It just shows that keeping a very tight circle of who you interact with can reward you in ways that you can't possibly image!

IMO, your not a leecher and a very valuable person and friend.....anyone who says otherwise can go and get fucked.

Cheers,
Chris
Kittmaster
Kittmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gurge71 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:54

Thank you all for your information and wise words, thanks Chris Smile
gurge71
gurge71

Back to top Go down

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 21:12

Kittmaster wrote:
Maybe it would be best to limit your inner circle of who you share with. I've recently been helped out with one of my holy grails and that shit will never leave my possession. It just shows that keeping a very tight circle of who you interact with can reward you in ways that you can't possibly image!

@ Gurge ...... don't worry about other places ...... wouldn't it be a fair statement that you have gotten a fair amount from just me alone in the past few weeks that you could not find at other places (some of it still has to be re-posted because you missed it and i will re-post when time allows ) ........ probably because you were leecher or not? Blwkm someplace else when they were originally posted here.
lol!
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gurge71 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 21:29

Spin A 12 Inch wrote:
Kittmaster wrote:

@ Gurge ...... don't worry about other places ...... wouldn't it be a fair statement that you have gotten a fair amount from just me alone in the past few weeks that you could not find at other places (some of it still has to be re-posted because you missed it) ........ probably because you were leecher or not? Blwkm someplace else when they were originally posted here.
lol!
For sure I was not in other forums, but if we talk about this summer I worked a lot in my evenings by dj ..... if we talk about the other years I scratched my ass lol!   lol!

This is my page in facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here there are the my summer events afro
gurge71
gurge71

Back to top Go down

Post by Spin A 12 Inch Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 21:43

gurge71 wrote:

For sure I was not in other forums, but if we talk about this summer I worked a lot in my evenings by dj ..... if we talk about the other years I scratched my ass lol!   lol!

This is my page in facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here there are the my summer events afro

In this case ........ I look at it this way ....... their loss our gain.
Spin A 12 Inch
Spin A 12 Inch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittmaster Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 23:18

Spin A 12 Inch wrote:...probably because you were leecher or not? Blwkm someplace else when they were originally posted here.
lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Kittmaster
Kittmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza44 Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 1:24

Hey guys - just seeing this ---  I agree

Gurge you have given me a lot of help over the years
So we all know what these others can do:)

I agree with the other thoughts - I am only sharing with the guys from who I have dealt with for those many years with the older forum

Kerry
kezza44
kezza44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum